Point-of-care ultrasound is determined as the practice of equipped medical professionals using ultrasound to interpret problems wherever a patient is being treated, whether that’s in a contemporary hospital, an ambulance, or a remote village.
This service is easily available at AFHealthcare point.
Point-of-Care Ultrasound” actually encapsulates many techniques in which portable ultrasound machines can be used. For representative, a patient may be surveyed using portable ultrasound while in an ambulance on the route to an emergency room. Or a patient may be inspected in the trauma gulf after being delivered to the hospital emergency room. As such, “point-of-care ultrasound” indicates the portable ultrasound that can be transported to wherever the patient is located.
Ultrasound scan service indicates as:
AFHealthcare provided an ultrasound scan service which is usually operated to analyze internal body patterns.
During ultrasound scan service, Ultrasound imaging radiates high-frequency sound waves, regulated at the tissue being observed, and reporting the reflected sound or echoes to generate an image.
An ultrasound scan is normally non-invasive.
In which cases Point-Of-Care Ultrasound scanning service is used?
POCUS service is generally used by doctors to analyze a developing fetus (unborn baby), a person’s abdominal and pelvic organs, muscles and tendons, or their heart and blood vessels. It is also used in scanning breasts and eyes, as well as in the detection of the rate of flow of blood. These diagnoses are precisely offered by AFHealthcare.
What to do before a POCUS service?
In some cases, Point-Of-Care ultrasound surveys impose special preparation beforehand, like:
- Doctors instruct to not to eat for a few hours before an upper abdominal scan.
- While during pelvic examinations, it is instructed you have a full bladder before the scan.
The doctor community or ultrasound department of AFHealthcare will definitely instruct you if you require any particular preparation before scanning.
Objectives of Point-of-Care Ultrasound scan service:
POCUS service assigns many benefits such as:
- This service is commonly painless and does not impose needles, injections, or incisions.
- Patients aren’t endangered by ionizing radiation, making the procedure safer than diagnostic techniques such as X-rays and CT scans. In evidence, there are no presumed harmful effects when manipulated as authorized by your health care provider.
- Ultrasound apprehends images of soft tissues that don’t come out well on X-rays.
- Ultrasounds are widely attainable and less expensive than other methods, which are provided by AFHealthcare.
Varieties of Point-of-Care Ultrasound scanning:
AFHealthcare greatly provides ultrasounds which are performed using a transducer on the surface of the skin. Occasionally, though, doctors and technicians can receive a better diagnostic image by putting a special transducer into one of the body’s natural openings:
- During a transvaginal ultrasound, a transducer pole is placed in a woman’s vagina to get better images of their uterus and ovaries.
- A transrectal ultrasound is sometimes obtained in the diagnosis of prostate
- A transesophageal echocardiogram operates the transducer probe in the oesophagus so that the sonographer can attain clearer images of the heart.
Is there any risk during POCUS service?
Due to low-power sound waves in Ultrasound scanning, it is a safe procedure. No perceived risks have been recorded yet by AFHealthcare.
Ultrasound is an effective tool, but it has restrictions. Sound doesn’t traverse well through air or bone, due to this ultrasound isn’t significant at imaging body parts that have gas in them or are concealed by bone, such as the lungs or head.
These are some of the unique facts and more that you should know about the ultrasound scan. And in case, you need to go through an ultrasound, you can head towards AFhealthcare point of care services to request, or visit our Abuja centre or speak with one of our health experts.